Monday, October 6, 2014

Lulupu Sparkle With Prima blog hop



Welcome to day 3 of Lulupu "Sparkle with Prima" Blog hop! I am very excited and honoured to be a part of this month long celebration organized by the Lulupu team to celebrate the festive season.The blog hop has a lineup of some amazing crafters and awesome prizes to be won.

All the rules and the fantastic prize details are available on the Lulupu blog.Do check it out!

You must have reached my blog via Priya Sondhi's blog! If not please click HERE for the complete list of the hop participants or to start the hop from the top.

For my project, I really had to struggle to think of a project worthy of the blog hop.I finally decided to alter a book box in a style that I am most comfortable with. It's messy and grungy and I am hoping at least some of you will like it.:-)





I do have a sort of a tutorial.I hope its helpful.So sit back and enjoy.


1. Die cut a few doilies using the Prima Marketing Purple Metal Die Doily #2

2. The die cuts as well as some torn pieces of Prima Epiphany paper were adhered to the box using Prima Marketing-Art Basics Soft Matte Gel

3.  Use Prima Damask stencil with Modelling paste to add some more texture.


4. Cover the whole box with watered down gesso to unify all the elements and use some Heidi Swap Gold Color Shine mist to add some touches of gold. I also watered down some black gelato to make my own mist and sprayed it on the box.

5. Apply Prima Art Extravagance Clear Crackle Texture Paste on random areas of the box and let it dry.

6. Use Pearlescent watercolours to add some colour and shine to the black section of the box.I also added some more gold and bronze to the lighter areas to highlight the gorgeous crackle texture. I also added Prima's Art Ingredients Gold Leaf Mica Flakes using Matt medium.

These are all the steps that I took to achieve the texture.

Unfortunately it got really dark by the time I was done with this,so I do not have pictures of the rest of the steps.I am still outlining them and hope they will help.

7. I die cut some circles from the Prima Epiphany papers and adhered them to the box.

8. I added some seed beads coloured with alcohol inks with matt medium


9. I used some cardstock die cuts and metal pieces from the Epiphany Cardstock Die Cuts pack , some chipboard snowflake pieces , Studio Calico Tiny stars wood veneers pieces and a butterfly from Forever Green laser cut wood icons as my embellishments. The wooden frame is from my stash.
 
Some Prima Rodanthe flowers coloured with  pearlescent watercolours finish off the embellishing.


10. As my last step,I added some stamping using some word and texture stamps and  also added some sequins from the die cut pack and some splatters using white paint.


That's about all I did for this box .I love the texture achieved by stencilling and the clear crackle paste. Hope you like this project and find the tutorial helpful. I would love your feedback, good or bad.It does not look like much in the pictures but its gloriously shimmery and textured in real. I wish I had better photography skills.:-)
 
Don't forget to play along the hop and the challenge.You can find all the details here. Keep checking the  Lulupu blog to see the project reveal by the next crafter Deepti Stephens.. A fantastic card maker and crafter.

See you soon,

Submiting for Primatober BAP



Cheers
Pals









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...