Sunday, September 28, 2014

Steampunk Mixed media canvas and a little announcement!

Hello!

I am back after a long break. I have my usual list of excuses, but I will bore you with them in some other post. Today I have something a little more exciting (for me) to share.

Sometime back I found a blog called 'Anything But a Card" or ABAC and found out that they were looking for design team members. If you know me, you know my struggle with making cards, so I was intrigued and applied. I am thrilled to announce that I have been SELECTED! Yayy! I think it's a match made in heaven.:-).The challenge blog comes up with great themes every month and you can submit any type of project as long as it's NOT A CARD.:-)

This month's theme is called STEAMPUNKtember. Do check out the challenge blog and I would love to see you participate.

Steampunk Reverse canvas


Steampunk is not something that I really understand very well or have done too much of. My understanding is limited to the usual clichés of machinery, gears, clocks etc. and that's what I did in my project.

I used the reverse side of a deep edge canvas for a shadowbox type effect. To create the background,I used some Cheery Lynn die cut gears and stuck them down using matt medium.

I also used the Tim holtz eye chart ,Crafters workshops Time Travel 6 by 6 and Art is stencil with Liquitex modelling paste for added texture.The coloring mediums were a mix of Ranger's Color wash and Lindy's sprays.



I used my all time favourite Tim Holtz's Reflection words stamps with Archival ink to add a little more texture.

The colourful heart ,which you can't see much of, is a hand cut chipboard piece, which I covered with embossed aluminium tape and then coloured with multiple shades of alcohol inks. The rest are embellishments from my stash.



That's about it. Hope you like the project.

Cheers
Pals
Submitting for Simon Says Monday challenge : Stencils and stamps
The Mirror Crack'd -Anything goes

 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on being the dt dear..lovely take on the challenge. .it is bit difficult to understand for me too. .but you executed it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! You've taken steampunk to the next level. And I love how you interpreted the theme!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...